In Cyberpunk 2077 weapons and melee combat is not the only means of defeating your enemies and dealing damage. You can use your hacking skills as well. Unfortunately, enemies can do the same and overheating is something that you will encounter in the game especially in the early part of the game. In this Cyberpunk 2077 guide, we are going to go over how you can keep yourself from overheating and avoid it entirely.
What Is Overheating?
Overheating in Cyberpunk 2077 is a status effect that players may experience during their journey in Night City. It’s not a result of the in-game weather or wearing too much clothing, but rather a consequence of certain enemies using malware to attack the player’s cyberware. When affected, players will notice a warning on their screen, and if not addressed promptly, it can lead to significant damage or even death.
How Does Overheating Work?
The mechanics behind overheating are tied to the game’s cyber warfare. Certain enemies, especially Netrunners, have the ability to hack into a player’s cyberware and initiate an overheat protocol. This causes the player’s cyberware to malfunction, leading to a gradual increase in temperature. As the heat rises, the player’s health starts to deplete. If the overheat process is not interrupted or the source of the hack is not eliminated, the player can be incapacitated.
How To Stop Overheating In Cyberpunk 2077
- Identify the Source: The first step to counteract overheating is to identify the enemy responsible, typically a Netrunner. They often hide in the shadows, using their hacking skills from a distance. Using a scanner can help pinpoint their location.
- Eliminate the Threat: Once the Netrunner is located, eliminate them as quickly as possible. This will stop the overheat process and prevent further damage. Players can use firearms, melee weapons, or other combat skills to deal with the threat.
- Upgrade Cyberware: Investing in certain cyberware can make players more resistant to overheating. For instance, the “Thermal Resistance” mod can be installed to reduce the damage taken from overheating. Additionally, players can equip “Quickhacks” that can counteract or prevent hacking attempts from enemies.
- Stay Alert: Overheating can occur at any time, especially during combat scenarios. Players should always be on the lookout for signs of a hacking attempt, such as unusual screen glitches or the overheat warning. Being proactive can save players from unexpected damage.
- Seek Cover: If players find themselves overheating and are unable to locate the Netrunner, it’s advisable to seek cover. This can sometimes break the Netrunner’s line of sight and halt the overheat process.
This is how you can avoid overheating in Cyberpunk 2077. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our guide on how to get Tabula E-Rasa. You can also learn about picking up prostitutes in the game. For more content, check out our Cyberpunk 2077 guides hub.