Immediately after landing into the Atomgrad raid in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you will be tasked to open the Submarine Doors. To do that, your raid team will need to solve a puzzle that relies a lot on communication. And while these puzzles are not as complex as something you can find in Destiny/Division raids, it can be a head-scratcher for some. In this Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 guide, we will walk you through everything there is to learn about solving the Submarine Doors puzzle in the Atomgrad raid.
You need to progress through the area until you get to a Control Room next to locked Submarine Doors. You will see 4 things in this room:
- A keypad to input codes on the right side.
- A few monitors connected to CCTV cameras.
- A red rectangular screen displaying symbols, alphabets, etc.
- A button on the wall that opens the door next to it.
Your objective here is to input 3 correct codes using the keypad in the control panel. But there are 2 problems here:
- One player cannot input a code more than once so you will need to rotate positions.
- Actually figuring out the correct codes to input.
To make it easier, I will try to explain the entire solution in a step-by-step manner. It is way easier than what it sounds like. To start:
- Send one player into the next room by pushing the red button on the wall. This player needs to interact with the monitors in the room and cycle through cameras until they see a large screen displaying 3 symbols/alphabets, each with a number underneath. This player can just remember this or note it down somewhere — whatever is more convenient.
- The next player needs to interact with the monitors in the Control Room to do the same i.e., cycle through CCTV cameras until they see a large screen displaying various symbols/alphabets with numbers underneath and take note of them.
- Meanwhile, the last player should be looking at the symbols/alphabets on the red, rectangular screen. This player should communicate the symbols/alphabets that are being displayed on the screen to the other 2 players. Those 2 players will then check their monitors to see if they have got any of those symbols/alphabets and communicate the numbers underneath them. The code will always be 3-digit so you can safely ignore the symbol/alphabet that does not appear on the CCTV cameras.
- Once the correct code is acquired (read it from left to right) one player needs to input it via the keypad. This entire process needs to be repeated thrice.
- Remember that one player cannot input a code more than once. Once done correctly, the Submarine Doors will open and you will be able to push ahead.
This is how you can open the Submarine Doors in the Atomgrad raid. For more tips and strategies, you can see our detailed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 wiki page.