Today, during Ubisoft Forward, Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed Mirage, the next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, will launch worldwide in 2023. In addition, the roadmap of the brand’s future has been unveiled with the two next HD flagship games Assassin’s Creed Codename RED and Assassin’s Creed Codename HEXE as part of the Assassin’s Creed Codename INFINITY hub, the AAA mobile game Assassin’s Creed Codename JADE and more information about the collaboration with Netflix.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage will release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Amazon Luna as well as Windows PC through the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. Assassin’s Creed Mirage will feature fully-fledged Arabic voice acting and full localization to the UI.
Players can also subscribe to Ubisoft+ to access the game. With development led by Ubisoft Bordeaux, the studio behind the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s expansion: Wrath of the Druids, Assassin’s Creed Mirage invites players to immerse themselves in the magnificent 9th century Baghdad, at the peak of its Golden Age. It offers a narrative-driven action-adventure experience, with an intriguing storyline of coming of age, charismatic protagonists, a majestic open city and modernized legacy gameplay focusing on parkour, stealth and assassinations.
They will embody a new hero, Basim Ibn Is’haq, a singular street thief with a mysterious past, who will join the Hidden Ones in Alamut in his quest for answers. Basim’s mentor Roshan will be voiced by Emmy-winning actress Shohreh Aghdashloo. Assassin’s Creed Mirage is an homage to the series, and a particularly special tribute to the very first Assassin’s Creed game. The announcement of the game comes with a cinematic reveal trailer with original music composed by Brendan Angelides, who is also the music composer for the game.
Stéphane Boudon, Senior Content Director for Assassin’s Creed Mirage had the following to say about the upcoming game:
For the 15th anniversary of the franchise, we wanted to offer something special to the players and our community. Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a tribute to the franchise, and notably to the original game. We are bringing a modern take on the iconic Assassin’s Creed gameplay experience, as well as a deep dive into the rituals and tenets of the Hidden Ones, something we think both our long-time and new fans will be eager to play
Additionally, the Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Case of Assassin’s Creed Mirage were announced:
- The Deluxe Edition: will include the base game, a digital artbook and digital soundtrack and Deluxe digital pack, which contains a Prince of Persia–inspired outfit, eagle and mount skins, weapons, and more!
- The Collector’s Case will include the Deluxe Edition with a high-quality figurine of Basim (32cm), an exclusive Steelbook with design to be elected by fans, a mini-artbook, Basim’s brooch replica, a map of Baghdad as well as a Selected Soundtrack of the game. The Collector’s Case is available at Retail and on the Ubisoft Store.
Fans who pre-order Assassin’s Creed Mirage will receive a bonus quest at launch called The Forty Thieves, where players will uncover the mysteries of Ali Baba’s legendary cave.
Since the release of the first Assassin’s Creed game in 2007, the brand has sold more than 200 million games worldwide, positioning it as one of the most important franchises in the video game industry. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla continues to receive new updates and exciting content in its second year of post-launch. In a few months we will launch the Last Chapter, a free quest arc in which Eivor will reunite with some key characters including some influential historical figures. There are also special rewards available in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla starting today.
Moreover, during the Assassin’s Creed Showcase, the future of the brand was unveiled. The next two HD flagship games, Assassin’s Creed Codename RED and Assassin’s Creed Codename HEXE, will be part of Assassin’s Creed Codename INFINITY, as well as information about the AAA mobile game Assassin’s Creed Codename JADE, and the collaboration with Netflix:
- Assassin’s Creed Codename RED is the next flagship title after Assassin’s Creed Mirage and the future of the open world RPG in Assassin’s Creed. It is developed by Ubisoft Quebec, the studio behind Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, with Jonathan Dumont as Creative Director. Players will be able to explore a long-awaited setting for an Assassin’s Creed game: Feudal Japan and all its Shinobi fantasies.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename HEXE is the next flagship title after Assassin’s Creed Codename RED. It is developed by Ubisoft Montreal, birthplace of the Assassin’s Creed franchise, with Clint Hocking as Creative Director.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename INFINITY will connect projects and players through different types of experiences, including released Assassin’s Creed games and the next ones to launch: Assassin’s Creed Codename Red and Assassin’s Creed Codename Hexe, the two next HD flagship games. As part of INFINITY, we are also looking at bringing back a multiplayer standalone experience in the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
- The Assassin’s Creed Codename JADE is a AAA RPG action-adventure game for Mobile platforms set in Ancient China. Players will be able to create their own character and discover the story of the first Assassins in China. It will be free to play.
- The Netflix TV series Assassin’s Creed is being developed by Ubisoft Film & Television and Netflix. It is going to be an epic, genre-blending live action adaptation of our highly successful video game series. The collaboration does not end here as we are also collaborating with Netflix to develop an Assassin’s Creed game exclusively available on the platform.
Let us know what you think about Assassin’s Creed Mirage and whether or not you are interested in checking it out in 2023.