One of the new building features in ARK Genesis is the ocean platform. In this guide, we are going to go over everything that you need to know about the ocean platform in Ark Genesis.
The Ocean Platform is a unique structure in Ark Genesis that allows players to build a base or outpost on the water. It offers a strategic advantage for those who want to explore the vast oceans and establish a secure foothold in this challenging environment.
There are two kinds of ocean platforms, the wooden ocean platform and the metal one. The wooden ocean platform is unlocked at level 25 and the metal ocean platform unlocks at level 53. You can find them in the engram section. Search for ocean and these are the only two options that are going to pop up.
Note that you cannot climb onto these platforms from the outside. You will need to head over to the inside lagoon and you will find a ladder that will allow you to climb these platforms. These platforms do move on the water but they are not moveable.
You can use any foundation in order to build on these platforms. You cannot extend the foundations beyond the edges of the platforms.
Wooden Ocean Platform
The wooden ocean platform is going to need plenty of wood, cementing paste, fiber, and shell fragments. You can get shell fragments from Megachelon. These are the turtle-like creatures in the water. They are slow so you can kill them pretty easily. Once you kill the creature, you can harvest the shell fragments using a metal pick.
In order to make the wooden platform, you need to go to the smithy. Go to the structures and wood tab and you will find the wood ocean platform option. On the wooden platform, you can build up to 8 walls in height.
- Engram points: 24 EP
- Health: 100,000
- Required level: Level 25
- Weight: 90
Wooden Ocean Platform Crafting Recipe
- 2116 × Wood or Fungal Wood Wood or Fungal Wood
- 34 × Shell Fragment (Genesis Part 1) Shell Fragment (Genesis: Part 1)
- 324 × Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste
- 560 × Fiber Fiber
Wooden Ocean Platform ID and Command
- Wooden Ocean Platform ID: Wood_OceanPlatform
- Wooden Ocean Platform Command: cheat gfi Wood_OceanPlatform 1 1 0
- Wooden Ocean Platform Blueprint Path: “Blueprint’/Game/Genesis/Structures/OceanPlatform/OceanPlatform_Wood/PrimalItemStructure_Wood_OceanPlatform.PrimalItemStructure_Wood_OceanPlatform'”
Metal Ocean Platform
For those seeking a more robust and spacious option, the Metal Ocean Platform is the way to go. Unlocked at level 53, the Metal Ocean Platform offers increased durability and larger building capacity. To craft the Metal Ocean Platform, gather the following resources: metal ingots, polymer, wood, and cementing paste.
Head to the smithy and navigate to the structures and metal tab to find the Metal Ocean Platform option. Here, you can start building your impressive underwater base. Unlike the Wooden Ocean Platform, the Metal Ocean Platform allows you to construct up to 17 walls in height, providing even more room for your structures and creative designs.
- Engram points: 50 EP
Required level: Level 53
- Weight: 90
Metal Ocean Platform Crafting Recipe
- 300 × Wood or Fungal Wood Wood or Fungal Wood
- 1500 × Metal Ingot or Scrap Metal Ingot Metal Ingot or Scrap Metal Ingot
- 25 × Polymer, Organic Polymer, or Corrupted Nodule Polymer, Organic Polymer, or Corrupted Nodule
- 375 × Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste
Metal Ocean Platform ID and Command
- Metal Ocean Platform ID: Metal_OceanPlatform
- Metal Ocean Platform Command: cheat gfi Metal_OceanPlatform 1 1 0
- Metal Ocean Platform Blueprint Path: “Blueprint’/Game/Genesis/Structures/OceanPlatform/OceanPlatform_Wood/PrimalItemStructure_Metal_OceanPlatform.PrimalItemStructure_Metal_OceanPlatform'”
While placing these ocean platforms, you will notice that everywhere is red. Remember that you can only place these platforms on the water where the water is actually very deep. You will not be able to place these platforms in areas where the water is shallow.
Other than that, you cannot place these platforms in mission zones. HLN-A can highlight mission areas to help you with that.
That is all for our ARK Genesis Ocean Platform guide. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our guide on how to find and tame Space Whale.