God of War: Ragnarok now has a new game plus mode which increases the level of armor and weapons. It also adds new armor and resources. The Ares armor set is one of the new ones and in this God of War: Ragnarok guide, we go over how you can get it.
Note: The new armor sets can only be obtained in new game plus. If you do not have this option then you might need to finish the regular game mode again.
Getting The Ares Armor In God Of War: Ragnarok
The Ares armor set will become available once you have completed the Surviving Fimbulwinter quest and come to Sindri’s House. Once you have got to this point in the game, you can access the shop and buy the armor set for:
- Cuirass Of Ares – 25000 Hacksilver
- Gauntlets Of Ares – 16500 Hacksilver
- War Best Of Ares – 16500 Hacksilver
The armor set prioritizes strength and defense but also adds a few points to vitality and luck. It comprises of:
- Cuirass of Ares (Chest Armor): Rage hits have a Luck chance to drop a Healthstone. Healthstones now also grant Rage, and all stones trigger bigger explosions.
- Gauntlets of Ares (Wrist Armor): Enraged Might: Activating Rage when the Rage Meter is full increases all damage done by 25% for a short duration.
- War Belt of Ares (Waist Armor): Enraged Might: Activating Rage when the Rage Meter is full increases all damage done by 25% for a short duration.
You get the level 7 armor set and you can upgrade it to level 9 by using Skap Slag. In order to upgrade it to level 10 you will need Mountain Root.
This is how you can get the Ares armor set in God of War: Ragnarok. If you want to learn more about the game then you can check out our God of War: Ragnarok guides hub.