One of the civilizations in the Age of Empires 4 is the Delhi Sultanate. It is a powerful civilization in the game and is focused on technology and innovation. The civilization’s strong focus on research and defense. It has a big edge in technological advancement over other civilizations in the game.
This civilization is rooted in the invasion of the Ghurid Dynasty into Northern India spanning. As you advance through the ages, you will experience the history of this civilization.
The first age reflects the Turkish and Iranian Ghurid Sultanate. If you play as the Delhi Sultanate you will experience the Mamluk and Khalji Dynasty, Tughlaq Dynasty, and the Sayyid and Lodi Dynasty.
Delhi Sultanate Civilization Strengths, Unique Units, and Landmarks
Let’s first talk about the strengths of this civilization. Early game decisions make a big difference and Delhi Civilization can emerge as the dominating force in the late game.
The core of its army is the War Elephant which is a melee unit with exceptional raw strength for high damage output. Research is Delhi’s specialty and throughout different ages, they have access to multiple research options. The Scholar Research System provides an edge in research over other civilizations.
Moreover, Delhi can research technology at no cost in resources but it has a bigger time investment. To counter this, the Scholars are able to speed up research.
- The Scholar: Are equivalent to the Monk with a unique ability to speed up the research and tech upgrades for Delhi.
- War Elephant: Powerful melee unit with high health and damage against units and buildings.
- The Tower War Elephant: Come with a powerful ranged attack; two archers mounted in the tower atop the war elephant.
- Tower of Victory (Age II): +15% attack speed of melee and ranged units moving near this landmark.
- Dome of the Faith (Age II): Produces scholars for -50% of the cost.
- Compound of the Defence (Age III): Infantry Units can build stone-based defense structures. -25% stone cost for buildings and emplacements.
- House of Learning (Age III): Access to unique technologies.
- Hisar Academy (Age IV): Constant food generation.
- Palace of the Sultan (Age of IV): Automatically produce tower war elephants. Garrison up to 4 scholars to lower production speed.