Indie publishing house United Label is excited to share a brand new animated story trailer for the upcoming epic RPG adventure, Tails of Iron, following its exclusive reveal at GamesRadar+’s prestigious E3 event – the Future Games Show. It will release on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC later in 2021.
Created by the indie development team, Odd Bug Studio, and published by United Label, Tails of Iron is an epic RPG Adventure with punishingly brutal, souls-like inspired combat. This deceivingly beautiful, hand-drawn title is fully narrated by the deep, raspy vocals of Doug Cockle (voice of Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher). As Redgi, heir to the Rat Throne, players must restore your broken Kingdom by banishing the merciless Frog Clan and their ferocious leader, Greenwart.
As players explore the deceptively-charming world, they’ll encounter a cast of unique companions, ready to aid them in their adventure. And they’ll need all the help they can get, whether that’s new meal recipes, blueprints to forge deadly weapons and armor, or even a land-chugging, armor-plated mole-mobile!
From frog zombies to gargantuan grubs – and everything in-between – the Kingdom is awash with danger. To overcome each perilous encounter, players will need to study their opponent’s attacks and react accordingly. Thankfully, there’s a range of deadly abilities on offer, including parry bashes and fatal executions, not to mention ranged attacks with your nifty bow and arrow.
The brand new, fully animated trailer depicts the colorful history of the Rat Kingdom, tracking the agelong battle between the race of Rats and their vicious nemesis, the merciless Frogs. Ending on a note of peril, the frog’s vicious leader, Greenwart, has once again invaded with an increased vengeance, leaving Redgi to repel the Frog invasion and restore his crumbling Kingdom.
Tails of Iron features:
- Master brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes, and fatal executions!
- Explore a vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets
- Immerse yourself in the compelling story, narrated by the deep, raspy Doug Cockle (voice of Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher)
- Customize your attack style with a vast array of distinct weapons and armor
- Assemble a band of brave companions, ready to aid you on select missions
- Complete side quests to earn additional gold-on-the-side
- Unearth special blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons
- Collect rare ingredients to cook up health-boosting feasts
- Overcome savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals
- Lose yourself in the gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
Physical copies of Tails of Iron can be pre-ordered now at select stores, and arrives with the Crimson Knight DLC pack, containing:
- 3 Armour Skins
- 3 Helmet Skins
- 3 Weapon Skins
- 3 Shield Skins
Tails of Iron will release later in 2021, on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The team also revealed a new trailer for Eldest Souls.